data analyst intern.
Why Work at Decipher?
As a team member at Decipher Investigative Intelligence, you will be a part of a collaborative team environment, where you will be provided with training and guidance. And you will be a critical part of our mission to help our clients make better decisions, avoid financial losses and prevent reputational harm. The work you do will matter and makes a real impact.
As the industry leader in “white glove” due diligence, we combine quantitative and qualitative data with human intelligence to accurately assess candidates’ business, skills, work style and character. Armed with this information, our clients grow safely and more efficiently, with success rates far exceeding the industry average.
What You’ll Do
The Data Analyst Intern will work closely with Decipher leadership to support the company’s data content strategy by providing data analysis that aids in marketing and PR efforts. In addition, the Data Analyst Intern will help develop and streamline Decipher’s ongoing data collection and accessibility efforts by working closely with the team to identify procedural efficiencies and establish data storage guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze digital documents and related data
- Review data and documents for errors
- Enter, correct, format, and standardize data from source documents
- Work cooperatively with other Decipher team members to develop comprehensive data strategy
- Become familiar with Decipher’s tools and systems to understand all relevant internal systems, processes, and procedures
- Potential to grow into a larger role, based on performance, skills, and experience
Who You Are
- Excellent time management skills and a positive attitude
- Extremely organized and possess high attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Trustworthy and can maintain confidentiality
- Skilled at typing and using digital word processors, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and/or Google Documents, as well as other similar computer applications
- Knowledgeable of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Can quickly adapt to new processes and procedures as our team grows and our processes rapidly improve
- Excited to learn about our current processes and infrastructure, and willing to provide creative suggestions to improve our workflow as you grow in your role
Although our work focuses on the legal and professional services industry, no legal background is necessary. Our team members come from a wide variety of backgrounds, from the Armed Forces to education to journalism; professionalism, character and curiosity are far more important than a knowledge of legal jargon.
You must be based in St. Louis; the ability to report to the office is critical.
What You Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- UMSL degree-seeking student
- Pay Rate: $20.00 per hour
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Three-month commitment
- Flexible scheduling
How To Apply
- Submit a cover letter or writing sample with your resume. The writing sample should be written for a professional or academic audience.
- Send materials and resume to Lara Glauber, email@example.com.